Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Art as Therapy

 I had a really, really, really bad day yesterday. Nothing horrendous or life shattering happened--just a series of one stupid thing after another steamrolling over me (although looking back over the days events I think much of my cursing might have been excessive).  That it why I wisely chose not to write anything yesterday.  Instead I came home from work(cursing excessively) walked into the garage(still cursing) and proceeded to beat the daylights out of a block of cement. This might not sound like a good thing for most people but it works for me. I'm being slightly over-dramatic when I use the word "beat"--by that I mean carve, chisel, sand the concrete until I like what I see. Yesterday all the days "crappiness" for lack of a better word, disappeared as I immersed myself in creating something--all I can say is : Thank you Art
Peace and Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment