Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

To Create or not to Create (that is the question)

Let me set the scene: it is 6 something on a Saturday morning and no one is stirring in the house yet. I am sitting on our lanai staring out into the woods and I can smell the ultra strong coffee I concoct brewing. The sun is just starting to come up and the light dancing on the trees and grass resembles a beautiful oil painting. The birds are singing quietly today(usually it sounds like the Fraternal Order of Birds is having their annual meeting at our house).
I have just poured the coffee...I have just sipped the coffee...this is my idea of what heaven might look like.
I must admit quite a bit of time has gone by(one of my talents is the ability to stare into the woods for long periods of time) and I am trying to muster the energy to go create something. Sometimes I feel this pressing need to make art (the ideas in my head are so insistent that I don't have a choice), sometimes I just meander into my workspace(don't really call it a studio--it's the garage) and start working, and sometimes I kind of have to force things to happen. It feels more like an obligation then a desire. But in the back of my head I know that once I get started I won't stop until (a)someone comes to get me or (b) I start thinking about food.
oh well, time to make the concrete
peace and love,
amy

2 comments:

  1. I found you through Alltop. I just randomly selected you, but it is fascinating as I was just reading another random blog post that was talking about art and concrete, and had a lot of photos of various artists projects that incorporate concrete into their work. Must be serendipity that I randomly selected 2 such blog posts in one day. I particularly like the "meditation" piece. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb (I hope I can call you 'Deb') Don't you just love serendipity--I know I do

    ReplyDelete